The National Retail Federation estimates holiday sales will increase 4.1% to $616.9 billion. The average increase in holiday sales for the past 10 years is 2.9%. Wouldn’t it be great if lots of those dollars stayed in the Kansas City area to boost our local economy? Why buy local?
- Your money stays here. Locally owned businesses tend to purchase from locally owned businesses.
- Local business owners tend to donate more to local charities.
- Most new jobs are supplied by local businesses.
- Environmental impact is reduced.
- Local sales contribute to the tax base and to city services.
- Unique businesses create character and prosperity.
Encourage, inspire (cajole and pressure) your friends, family, and co-workers to choose Waldo,
Brookside, and Southtown stores and services for their holiday shopping!