WHO NEEDS YOU? WE DO!!!
Over the past 25 years, the Southtown Council has been successfully serving this business community. As a member doing business in the community, your support is needed, so the Southtown Council can continue in its efforts. Why support the Southtown Council?
DIRECT BENEFITS TO YOU
- Complementary listing in the annual Southtown Business Directory (9,000 distribution)
- Networking and marketing opportunities.
- Representation at the government level to deal with zoning changes, crime problems, and other nuisances and concerns.
- Membership plaques and decals to publicize your participation in the Southtown Council.
IN ADDITION, SOUTHTOWN
- More than $19 million in public improvements leveraged for the area
- Monthly networking and information exchanges for area businesses, institutions, and neighborhoods.
- Representation of Southtown businesses and neighborhoods on zoning and code enforcement matters, crime and security issues, and nuisance abatement.
- Monthly Community Policing Action Cooperative (CPAC) sessions that brings together citizens, business and public safety representatives to address crime issues and take preventative measures.
- Implementation of strategies/projects within the 63rd Street Corridor Plan and the Troost Corridor Plan
- Coordination and support of the Tulips on Troost Avenue Project.
- Annual Directory of Southtown, Waldo, and Brookside listing all its members- a great community resource!
However, continued provision of these services depends on you. We need your help. Your membership is an investment in community stabilization and economic growth. Ask any member!
This is an invitation for you to join the Southtown Council. Joining is easy. For questions, call the Southtown Council, 816-523-5553. Basic membership is $150/year, but first time members can try us at $65 for the first year.
Fair share memberships start at $200 (for organizations with 6 or more employees). Membership cost depends on the number of employees so please call the Southtown Council for information regarding the specific level.
No matter which membership level you choose, your membership can be paid online or by check to Southtown Council, 6814 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64131. To pay online just click on the payment button and complete the required information.
We look forward to serving you! Sean Ackerson, Executive Director